Wednesday, August 26, 2015

June and July in Australia

Here are some excerpts from emails I sent in June and July.  It provides a little insight into my journey.
June 21
God has my attention here in Townsville.  Craig Bower and I had a quick tour of the Pacific Link on Saturday.  The work that needs to be done is overwhelming, (that was not a surprise to me).  I went to church with Vicki this morning.  It was a great message about making declarations.   I realized that since I arrived, I have been resisting the role God has put me in.  Yes, I have been around this mountain before.  At least I realized it a little quicker this time.  The only way I will get volunteers is if I step up and be a leader, in this case step up to the role as Captain as God has called me.  

I am really thankful for Vicki who is my roommate.  She is a prayer warrior and very encouraging.  Thank you all for your prayers.
Blessings,
Ann

Hi Friends,
Thank you so much for your prayers.  I know my week went better because of your prayers.  The First thing Monday Morning I had so many confirmations that God wanted me in this Captain role.  Then on Wednesday Craig and I met with Ken Mulligan (the Director of YWAM Medical Ships Australia.)  Ken shared the big picture that he sees and we know that is only part of the huge plan God has for Ships.  One of the details he shared (I cannot share it yet) is so amazing that it really built my faith.  So I continue to take life one day at a time, and try to be obedient to the steps God shows me and continue to believe that God is going to do something really big.

I did have a very refreshing trip to Magnetic Island with Vicki on Saturday.  I have attached a photo sailing a Hobie Cat on Horseshoe Bay.  The whole day was full of joy moments.


The plan is still to depart Townsville on Nov. 1 and start the first outreaches in PNG by Nov. 15.  I will know a lot more about how realistic that schedule is next week, but one think I know for sure, God has big Plans.

I leave Townsville on July 25, I spend a few days in Sydney and then a few days in Orange County with Aaron’s mom.  Then I go to Eugene to be with my daughter and Granddaughter #3 who will be born by then.  

I return to Townsville for the Gathering, then back to Kona for SONS.  After that I don’t have a plan.  I would appreciate your prayers.


July 2
I want to thank you again for your prayers and give you a little update.  I started reading this book “Against the Tide” by David Cowie.  It is about pioneering the YWAM Ships ministry in New Zealand.

He starts off saying God is more interested in Character Development than any building, ship or program.  I was feeling very inspired in my quiet time this morning.  

Then I got a phone call from Captain Jeremy, the former Captain of the Pacific Link.  He is still in PNG on the YWAM PNG.  He made arrangements for a Tug boat to move the Pacific Link and asked if I would be willing to oversee the operation.  That was a big stretch for me.  I told him I did not have any experience with a ship that big but I was willing.  

I showed up at the 8 am campus meeting and we started with stretching.  Physical stretching, then the leader related it to Spiritual stretching.  I was feeling very stretched.  about half way through the meeting I got a text from Jeremy that he had another Captain to oversee the operation and I should call the Captain at 9 am.   I shared with the group how God had stretched me and taken care of me.

It got even better.  When I called the Captain he said the Tug Company wanted to do the job this morning and they would provide the line handlers.  So it ended up Craig and I just drove down to the pier and watched them take care of the whole operation.  

I felt like I passed the test. Like Abraham, God was testing me to see if I would be obedient, when I said yes, God took care of the whole situation.  I’m looking forward to seeing what God does next.

Blessings,
Ann

July 11
I am staying on the YWAM PNG.  It is really nice.  I have my own room with my own bathroom and shower and hot water!  and the toilet works every time..  

When I got back to the ship I went up to the Sun deck which I had all to myself  with a beautiful view of the ocean outside the harbor.  I had a good time with the Lord.  I cried and cried and processed so much hurt and pain and grief.  In the end God brought me to Isaiah 61.    I usually think of that as God is sending me to heal others, but today I gave God my broken heart and received healing.  I really received v. 7 they will inherit a double portion and everlasting joy will be theirs.


Not much is happening with the Pacific Link that we can see, but I know God is up to something big.  On Friday morning during Worship Robyn called up the People from YWAM Ships Kona (me, Craig, Sonja and Micheal Geitz) and everyone prayed over us.  It was super encouraging.  So many words and pictures spoken over us.  

No comments: